Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Kids view of the 2008 election

Teacher says something called the “election” is coming up soon. I think that means we are getting a new person make the rules and tell us how to spend money. Mom and Dad both are talking about things like healthcare, which I think means doctors and the economy, like spending money. My older sister is 19, and she is talking about it too. She is all excited cause this is the first time she gets to go and vote. I can vote one day too, once I am old enough.
I was watching SpongeBob this morning and in between it had a song about kids picking the president. They sang about all the other ones, I think there were like 40 or more. Mom says this election will be the first of its’ kind. She says after November America will have its first African American president or its first lady vice president. Dad says that the one named Obama is the best one cause he will make the whole country feel better and fix all the boo boos. Mommy says she is going to pick Obama too. She thinks the other guy is too old. I saw a picture of him. His mommy must never have taught him to brush his teeth. They are really yellow. I think the new president should let everyone have more money so they can take more time with their kids. Also I think the president should make it easier for sick people to go to doctors and get medicine. I hope the right one gets picked and put in that big white house.

No comments: